I'm proud to welcome you to Walworth Academy, where we seek to provide academic excellence and superb pastoral care for everyone in our school community. To that end, you'll find the team here at Walworth are dedicated to securing the best possible progress for students, placing our children at the heart of all decisions, and recognising their success.
The Walworth community is a thriving and exciting one in the heart of London. We are proud of the diversity of opportunity such a rich community offers both inside and outside of the classroom; and both in terms of academic pathways and enrichment opportunities. We seek to maximise this everyone in our Walworth Academy family of learners.
In taking up a place here at Walworth Academy, you will reap the benefits of:
- A school community based on family values that knows and cares for your child as an individual
- A high-quality learning experience, securing strong progress across the key stages
- A curriculum designed to achieve the very best outcomes for your child
- Excellent home-school communication, enabling you to support your child's progress
- A school culture founded on the highest expectations of attendance, punctuality, behaviour and effort
- Being part of the Ark network – a leading education charity and one of the country’s top-performing academy operators
At Walworth, our goal is for our students go on to be successful adults, empowered to take up their place in the world, and confident facing the challenges and opportunities that may bring. We look forward to welcoming the next generation of children who are excited and motivated by that prospect.
At Ark Walworth Academy, we believe in the immense potential of each of our pupils and we are committed to giving them every possible opportunity to succeed. Every student should leave the academy with real choices: to continue into further and higher education or pursue the career of their choice.
We have high expectations for pupil behaviour and achievement and equally high expectations for the quality of teaching in the classroom.
This means a common commitment to creating a respectful and orderly environment where teachers can teach and students can learn.
We recognise the need to support every child – academically, socially and emotionally. Through a combination of rigorous and engaging classes and a variety of learning experiences outside the classroom, our students can enjoy the full range of life's opportunities.
Our academy is shaped by its culture of inclusion and mutual respect, which encourages a close working relationship between students and staff. We work hard every day to provide an inspirational and secure environment which recognises and celebrates success whilst challenging students to realise their full potential.
Our values underpin all our behaviour and interactions, and apply to all members of our academy family.
- Commitment – Maximum effort in everything you do – all the time with no excuses
- Aspiration – Always strive to be better, constantly reaching beyond your limits
- Resilience – Never give up – keep pushing and keep trying
- Excellence – Be the best you can be every day – have pride and confidence in your success
- Self-management – Do the right thing – never have to be asked
Sixth form welcome
Our provision for ages 16-18.