Year 7 Admissions for September 2023
Admissions for Year 7 in 2023
Published Admissions Number Notice:
Parents are strongly advised to take advice from their child’s primary school about the process for transfer into a secondary school. Broadly speaking the process for Year 7 admissions for 2023 is:
- Refer to Southwark’s Secondary Schools booklet (for Southwark residents).
- Visit the schools you are interested in (September and October 2022)
- Fill in the Common Application Form. This should be done online in the first half of the Autumn term 2022. https://www.southwark.gov.uk/schools-and-education/school-admissions/secondary-admissions/applying-for-a-secondary-school-place
- Parents will be notified of their school allocation early in March 2023.
Please note that Walworth has no supplementary forms and co-operates with the London-wide secondary schools admission process
For our Virtual Open Session Tour click the link: https://www.onlineopenevening.co.uk/walworthacademy/
View a copy of our current prospectus
Ark Walworth Academy Admissions Policy 2023-24
Ark Walworth Academy Admission Policy 2024-25
- If your child has just come to UK from abroad and lives in Southwark.
- Your child has just moved to Southwark, and their last school was outside Southwark, then it is vital that your register your child with Southwark Admissions.
Please go to https://www.southwark.gov.uk/schools-and-education/school-admissions/in-year-admissions?chapter=2 to see information about the admissions process and access to the forms that you need to use.
If you would like to find out more about the Academy, or have any late admissions queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My child is currently at a Southwark secondary school and I want him/her to transfer to Walworth Academy.
You use the same form as mentioned above https://www.southwark.gov.uk/schools-and-education/school-admissions/in-year-admissions?chapter=2 You can get to this site by googling “In year admissions southwark”. However, two things are different from above:
You must obtain your child’s current headteacher’s signature on the form.
You must return it to us at WA, not to the Local Authority.
Please note that the agreement of your current headteacher to the transfer does NOT mean that your child will be admitted to WA. We have to treat every application according to our published criteria – so do not give up the place your child currently has in the hope or expectation that we (or any other school) will automatically be able to admit your child.
If you would like to find out more about the school, or have any late admissions queries please contact us at email@example.com.
Current Over-subscription Criteria for entry to Walworth Academy
Our current over-subscription policy is as follows:
- Priority is given to students with statements of special educational needs. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- Children of staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage;
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- Other children of staff at the school where there is no demonstrable skills shortage;
- Children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused admission at a preferred school for entry into Year 7 or Year 12 in September 2023 will be heard according to the regulations in the School Admission Appeals Code (October 2022).
|Offer Date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1st March 2023||30th March 2023|
Appeal panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline date for submitting an appeal. The independent appeal panel clerk will notify parents/carers of the date of their appeal; appeal hearings will take place during May/June/July 2023.
For all year groups, please click here for the appeal formThis page was last updated February 2023