Ofsted and Performance Data
OfstedExtract of latest Ofsted report:
This is a Good school.
- The percentage of students achieving good GCSE grades in English and mathematics has been at least above average since the previous inspection.
- In 2014, the percentage of students attaining the EBacc qualification matched the national average.
- Students behave well and all of them get on well together. The vast majority are ambitious and work hard in lessons.
- Students make good progress in practically all their lessons and standards are rising rapidly.
- The sixth form is good. It has been transformed during the last couple of years. Students study carefully balanced combinations of subjects which prepare them well for their future lives. Students mature into confident young adults.
- The pastoral care and support for students are outstanding. Students value the safety and security the academy gives them. They and their parents and carers appreciate its valuable work in the community.
- Students enjoy academy life: ‘I like loads of things, especially the staff’ (Year 9 student).
- The Principal’s dynamic leadership has generated rapid improvements in many areas of the academy’s work. She is ably backed by the ARK organisation and the governing body.
- The senior leadership team, middle leaders and all other staff are fully supportive of the Principal’s plans for the future; they work effectively and energetically to deliver them.
- Senior leaders organise high-quality professional development for all staff and regularly use external specialists to validate the academy’s work. Both these contribute to focus on success for all.
- Teaching has moved into a higher gear in recent months. Teachers and support staff are equally focused on making students’ learning enjoyable and successful.
- The range of subjects taught is innovative. Provision for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong. Health and safety issues which students encounter outside school are tackled head-on and fearlessly by the academy.
Ark Walworth Academy Performace Data
GCSE Results 2017
The school's Progress 8 score was +0.21 which means students made better than expected progress from Key Stage 2 to 4
|2017 Key Stage 4 Performance Headlines||Score||Commentary|
|KS4 (Year 7 to 11) Progress 8:||+0.21*||An increase on 2016 and above the national average.|
|Year 11 Average Attainment 8||4.7||An increase on 2016.|
|Percentage of pupils achieving a Grade 4+ or better in English and maths GCSE||62%||An increase of 12%(equivalent to a C grade)|
|Percentage of pupils achieving a Grade 5+ or better in English and maths GCSE||50%||An increase of 20%|
|Percentage of pupils entered for Ebacc||54%||An increase of 9%|
|Percentage of pupils who achieved the Ebacc||29%||An increase of 5%|
Sixth form results 2017
Again the school surged ahead with a strong progress performance in the Vocational qualification route, meaning students made better than expected progress. In the Academic A-Level route students’ performance was in line with expected progress.
|2017 Key Stage 5 Performance Headlines||Score||Commentary|
|Level 3 value added to the students||+0.55||Outstanding value added|
|3+ A*-B including equivalents||44%||Our highest|
|3+ A*-C including equivalents||74%||Our highest|
|ALPS||Grade 3||Top 25% in the country|
|All students achieved 3 A Levels including equivalents.
|All grades were A* -D with NO E Grades.|
|55% of students achieved entry into Russell Group Universities.|
Retention Data September 2017
Sixty students from Ark Walworth Academy moved from Year 11 into Year 12 in September 2017 and made up 81% of the Sixth Form cohort.
19% of students who started Sixth Form in September 2017 were from an external school.
Ark Walworth Academy Destinations Summary
The full DfE performance data for Ark Walworth Academy can be found at: