Ofsted and performance data
OfstedExtract of latest Ofsted report:
This is a good school.
- The percentage of students achieving good GCSE grades in English and mathematics has been at least above average since the previous inspection.
- In 2014, the percentage of students attaining the EBacc qualification matched the national average.
- Students behave well and all of them get on well together. The vast majority are ambitious and work hard in lessons.
- Students make good progress in practically all their lessons and standards are rising rapidly.
- The sixth form is good. It has been transformed during the last couple of years. Students study carefully balanced combinations of subjects which prepare them well for their future lives. Students mature into confident young adults.
- The pastoral care and support for students are outstanding. Students value the safety and security the academy gives them. They and their parents and carers appreciate its valuable work in the community.
- Students enjoy academy life: ‘I like loads of things, especially the staff’ (Year 9 student).
- The Principal’s dynamic leadership has generated rapid improvements in many areas of the academy’s work. She is ably backed by the ARK organisation and the governing body.
- The senior leadership team, middle leaders and all other staff are fully supportive of the Principal’s plans for the future; they work effectively and energetically to deliver them.
- Senior leaders organise high-quality professional development for all staff and regularly use external specialists to validate the academy’s work. Both these contribute to focus on success for all.
- Teaching has moved into a higher gear in recent months. Teachers and support staff are equally focused on making students’ learning enjoyable and successful.
- The range of subjects taught is innovative. Provision for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong. Health and safety issues which students encounter outside school are tackled head-on and fearlessly by the academy.
|Ofsted Data Dashboard|